Four Ways to Give
So often we want to reach out and help those in need but don't always know how to do it. Project Care offers you several different ways to help those less fortunate than yourself by providing happiness and hope to disadvantaged children who might otherwise be overlooked at the holiday season.
Preparations for Project Care begin in early fall each year to assure that families and children in need are not overlooked during the holiday season. Project Care touches hundreds of families each year through the distribution of Thanksgiving meals and holiday gifts.
- The Adopt-a-Family program allows you, or with a friend to get together and adopt a specific family. We will provide you with a needy family's make-up including the age, sex, sizes, needs and secret wishes of the family members.
Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Each year United Way provides holiday meals for needy families around our county. By providing for families referred by individuals and local agencies, we try to be certain that no one goes without that special meal.
Dreidels & Snowmen
- The holiday season is special to children of all ages. Through the Dreidels & Snowmen program you can give a child recognition, confidence and a positive memory for a lifetime.
- You can find Dreidels and Snowmen displayed in local businesses around our county, each with the first name and age of a children need of a toy or holiday gift.
Restricted Dollar Donation
- Monetary donations specifically earmarked for Project Care are funds drawn upon when we have a family with a special need.